It appears as though we are currently living in the golden age of contests marketed as “dream jobs,” with new opportunities being announced regularly. The latest one comes from Michelob ULTRA Pure Gold, which posted its listing for a new CEO—that’s Chief Exploration Officer—earlier this week. But this one doesn’t just involve getting paid to travel by camper van to a national park for a weekend: it involves getting paid to travel by camper van to multiple national parks over six months. Here’s what you need to know about the position and how to apply.
In this case, the chosen CEO will be equipped with a camper van (that has a bathroom and shower), and over the course of six months, visit, hike and photograph several national parks, including Yosemite, Sequoia, Joshua Tree, Saguaro and Big Bend. The job pays $50,000 plus expenses, like gas money for their camper van. The candidate selected will have the opportunity to perform their CEO duties solo, or with a plus-one.
This may sound great, but do you have the experience needed for the job? According to the Michelob ULTRA Pure Gold website, the qualifications include:
- Having an affinity for outdoor/nature photography and/or videography
- Having deep appreciation for the joy that connecting with nature brings
- Being willing and able to hike through national parks and other outdoor areas
- Having a valid U.S. driver’s license
- Being at least 21 years old